Senior Manager, Technical Accounting & Reporting (Job #105668)
A highly successful legacy company that has been around over 100 years has engaged Unity Search in looking for a Senior Technical Accounting Manager. This company has gone public within the last 3 years and is using its foundation to pivot into the highly profitable SaaS (Software as a Service) space that caters to small & medium sized businesses. This position can work from ANYWHERE as the company no longer has a physical office.
- Identifies and researches complex technical accounting matters and non-standard transactions in a proactive manner.
- Regularly reviews new accounting guidance and prepares memos with accounting treatment conclusions.
- Prepares concise and timely white paper memos on complex transactions.
- Evaluates and determines appropriate accounting treatment for new contracts, deals, or products.
- Analyzes technical accounting issues related to new transactions or evolving products.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to implement new accounting standards and policies.
- Prepares calculations and analyses for monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes in accordance with GAAP and SEC regulations.
- Maintains accounting policies and ensures compliance with Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Provides guidance on technical accounting matters and supports various financial activities such as M&A, cash flow statements, and SEC filings.
- Executes internal controls related to technical accounting and supports audits.
- Contributes to team efforts, completes strategic projects, and provides consultative support as a technical accounting resource.
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university… Required.
- Public Accounting Experience (Big 4 or comparable large regional firm)… Required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience (directly within public accounting or within a similar position within industry).
- Proficiency in ASC 606 or ASC 805-810.
- Compensation: $140K - $180K + 15% bonus.